This is, by far, my favorite 'go to' chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's the perfect recipe if you're after a soft and chewy chocolaty consistency that can be enjoyed still warm or cooled down. Makes approximately 3 dozen.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 8-10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 2.5 cups plain flour
- Half a teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (room temp)
- half cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Whisk together until just combined and put aside.
- In an electric mixer, combine butter, granulated sugar and packed sugar.
- Beat for 3 minutes on a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix to combine.
- Reduce speed to low while gradually adding the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix them through the mixture.
- Line your oven tray with baking paper.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon your dough about 5cm apart .
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until cookies are golden around the edges.
- Allow 2 minutes to cool.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool further.
I like to substitute the chocolate chips for mini M&Ms. They add that extra bit of crunch and the kids love the splash of colorful fun that they add!
Store your chewy chocolate chip cookies in an air tight container, for up to a week. However, we doubt they'll last that long ;)